Friday, August 8, 2014

Morning Selfie

IMG_8832

I took this self first thing in the morning.

I usually reach for my phone first thing.

I check the time,

check how many emails I have,

and then who the emails are from.

One email today was from Susannah

reminding me that today’s August Break prompt was

selfie.

I don’t quite know why but the pictures I take of myself are always the pictures I love best.

Maybe it is a trust thing.

All I know is that the me I see in selfies

is the me I see

inside.

This is me.

Morning Kimbo,

with spiky bedhead, sun-kissed skin, and

shiny brown eyes,

filled with love.

Happy Friday, Beautiful Ones.

 

theaugustbreak6[1]

Hosted by Susannah Conway

5 comments:

Snap said...

Hi there, beautiful!

Jennifer said...

So much love. Happy morning to you, gorgeous!

nacherluver said...

LOVE!!!

Elena said...

Oh I love Morning Kimbo!

beth said...

hello gorgeous!!!