Tuesday, January 3, 2012

LIVE from the Queen of Arts Studio

I have chosen my Word of the Year for 2012.

DSC05962

The word is LIVE.

I love that it can be used both as LIVE, as in “I will LIVE for today”,

and

as LIVE, “LIVE from Manchester, It’s Kim, the Rock Fairy/Queen of Arts !”

I have to admit that choosing a word was not a sweet, meditative contemplation thing for me this year.

In fact, it was kind of more in response to how intimidated I was feeling by all the incredibly deep thought and soul searching some of my friends in Blogland were doing to begin their 2012 off right and to choose their important Word of the Year.

I think I am in a place where I want to spend a lot less time thinking and planning how I am going to Live this one precious life, and instead get on with the actually Living I want to do.

So the word LIVE feels like a really good fit.

While my  word was percolating, I also thought about how I would want to have my word on a Rock My World rock with “Live” on it for me, and how I have painted rocks for friends in the past with their own Word of the Year on them as a keepsake gift.

And then, I came up with this sweet little box idea :

DSC05958

This small white ceramic box comes from a local craft store.

I added the painted paper flower and the 2012 under a coat of Glossy Accents to create a cute dimensional decoration on the lid

DSC05952

and here we have a lovely place to keep your 2012 Word of the Year Rock !

DSC05960

I also made a second design with a sun.

DSC05962

I have made these sweet things available in the Etsy shop and I would love to send you

your very own customized

2012 Word of the Year Rock Rock in a Box keepsake.

For the month of January, I will be including some extra Rock My World rocks in every package I send out, so you will have your own Word rock in its pretty box and also a few other rock love messages to share.

Also, if the box isn’t your thing, but you would like to have a Rock My World Rock with your Word of the Year on it, the bag of 13 rocks are also available in the shop and I will customize them as you want me to.

Along with enjoying the rocks, you can be glad to know that part of the profits I make from selling the Rock My World Rocks always goes to being able to donate, ship and offer the rocks for free to charitable causes to use for their fund raising efforts.

Here’s hoping that 2012 is full of lots of juicy LIVING for all of us !

Big Love, Beautiful Ones !

23 comments:

Jess said...

The little box you've created for the pebbles is so lovely! It'll make a treasure for someone special. :)
Jess xx

beth said...

i love your talent and vision and heart....you truly know how to LIVE and how to GIVE.....

xoxo

ps....i see my word.....
squeal i just did :)

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic idea, love these petite boxes and they would go so nicely on an alter.....xox Corrine

Lynn Cohen said...

I too wish to LIVE LIFE to the fullest and try to do this daily.
Your little boxes are sweet and perfect for the word rock of the year!

Sherry said...

However you say it, I think "LIVE" is a great word for you this year. It sums up what you are doing and how you want to be...you will rock it sweet lady!! xo

And what a GREAT idea...ordered already (but then you knew that I would!!).

Will share on my facebook page too! xo

Sherry said...

Hey, I see my word there too!!! Hee!!! :)

jgr said...

Beautiful!! I love the box and the pretty decorative touch-I hope you have an awesome year!

Olivia said...

This is such a great idea, My Queen! Of course, I ordered one too.

Live and Live (both meanings)--how perfect! I'll let you in on a little secret--I changed my name legally when I was 33 to "Olivia" partly because the name means "peace" and partly because of the "Liv" in the center. I wanted to live, instead of die, as my mother had raised me (this is a long story, but perhaps something to blog about). Anyway, I love that saying my name reminds me of what I want to do.

I send Your Majesty Big Love and a Full Life This Year! xoO

patti said...

Have a great year Kim! Live is a vibrant word, full of possibility!

Love those little rock boxes!

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

i don't have a word but i want some rocks for sure i will let you know real soon
hugs and happy new year 2012!

Honey from the Bee said...

This selecting a word for the year is new to me. I can see how it would make you think hard about where you are and where you want to end up. "Live" is a great one! Hope you have a great year!

LuLu Kellogg said...

LIVE indeed!

Sparkle on beautiful one!

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo

Marit said...

Happy 2012 my queen!!! Your word seems perfect for you - simple and honest and true! I hope LIVE brings you love and joy! The little box is awesome - the one with the sun is really adorable! I will send you an email (as I have no etsy account)

Sueann said...

Love your word!! Mine is COMPLETE!!
I hope to complete those things I started in 2011.
Woot!!
Hugs
Love the boxes
SueAnn

Deb said...

I recently wrote a blogpost about finding MY word for 2012. For me, having one word to guide me through the year works much better than a long list of resolutions. Hoping 2012 is full of happy, adventurous, peaceful living !

rebecca said...

i love the live in you!

Nadeja said...

AMAZING!!!!My Word for this year is Amazing! This creation is part of amazing things on earth!
I love the sun design!!!
I love you! Have a wonderful day precious one.
Mom

Fallingladies said...

What a wonderful idea! So perfect! Hope your word brings you all sorts of amazing "LIVE" experiences!

SE'LAH... said...

You are amazing and talented! LIVE life to it's fullest, Beautiful One!!!

SE'LAH... said...

You are amazing and talented! LIVE life to it's fullest, Beautiful One!!!

ruma said...

Hello, Kim Mailhot.

 I was given many crops from your glorious works.
 We are far distantly each other, but this human interchange has cultural significance.

 Thank you for your heartwarming message and many visit, in this year.
 I thank for your encouragement for Japan.

 Healthy and Happy new years for you and yours.

Close spring, ruma ❀

Unknown said...

Good word for us all to aspire to...in the moment!
x...x

Cindy said...

Hi Kim, it is a great word for you. Love those little boxes. sending a big hug your way. c