Friday, February 13, 2009

Love is a Many Splendored Thing

Do you remember the first time your man sent you flowers ? I do. It was after our first kiss which lasted all night (fully or at least mostly clothed ;-)). We actually feel asleep with our lips pressed together. I remember waking up, our lips and noses still touching, and thinking "How the hell did we do that ?" We have tried to recreate that moment over the past 9 years together but fail every time ! How did we breathe ????

The flowers arrived at my apartment the next day. It was the first time I had ever had flowers delivered to my door. I was 35. I had had flowers given to me before but this was the first delivery ! I felt so special. I remember thinking "Wow, this guy knows how to make a girl feel good ! I am so very lucky !"

This arrived this morning :

12 "Cadillac" Roses as I like to call them !

(nice close-up, huh ? gotta love the Rebel !)

He actually sends me the Cadillacs every year for Valentine's Day. Have to say that each and every time I receive them, I think :

" Wow, this guy knows how to make a girl feel good ! I am so very lucky!"

We have travelled the path together for just over 9 years now. Together, we have made many of our dreams come true and still have many more to work on, I know. As we weather the bumps in the road, and skip along hand in hand when our path is smooth, each and every day I know that I am so lucky to have this man's heart with mine as we travel.

Happy Valentine's Day to David, my love and my best friend in the universe !

And much Valentine's Love to the rest of you too !

(This is a page from my journal inspired by a fantastic art journal prompt from LK at The Poetic Eye - check it out here)

18 comments:

Anne said...

Congratulations, Kim! Beautiful roses. Love your journal layout, too! :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day! (I actually just typed "Happy New Years"..and had to go back...ugh).. Lots of things I wonder about how did I do that when I was younger... lol LOTS of things.

Anonymous said...

oh...and I love your page today!

jgr said...

Gorgeous roses! It is such a thrill to answer the door and see a big vase of roses being handed to you.

Happy Valentines!

-Jane

Dawn said...

Nice :)

Anonymous said...

mwahhhhhh!

That is soooooo cute! Delivered flowers are really the cherry on top, arent they?

Genie Sea said...

Happy Valentines to both you and David! May your love be endless like the Universe, refreshing like the wind, powerful like the mighty rivers, fiery like the Earth's hot core, rooted like the trees in the thickest forest! :)

Love your mixed media pieces! :)

Angela Harris said...

Aww how sweey. you are so lucky! I remember the first time I got a rose my boyfriend who is now my husband brought it up to Michaels arts and crafts where I was working at night in front of all of my co workers. It was so sweet. Wasn't the OWOH giveaway thing fun? Just wanted to say thank you for visiting my site for the One World one Heart giveaway. Because I wanted to be able to give everyone a giveaway gift I've discounted all of my Etsy shop items by 20% until March 1st.
I'll be back to say hello!
Sincerely,
Your new blog buddy
Angela Harris

YourAngil.Blogspot.com

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Hi, Kim. I just came over from Debbie's place. Beautiful roses, smart man!

Olivia said...

Yes, congratulations, Kim! You are one lucky lady, as is your husband, and are rare nowadays. I happy and special Valentine's Day to you both! Love, O

Jennifer said...

Happy Valentine's Day! This is beautiful and the caddy's are fantastic! Your journal page is indeed beautiful :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, Kim, what an abosolutley lovely entry in every way. Your guy is something really special! The journal entry is stunning. Have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

carolyn said...

Happy Valentine's Day Kim! That David sure is a catch!
The cadillac roses are absolutely gorgeous as is your journal page.
Thanks for sharing your special moment with us!

lynne h said...

happy valentine's day, kim! your roses are gorgeous, and so is your journal page... xo

michelle ward said...

gorgeous! my fave. that man is a keeper, so are YOU.

Anonymous said...

That is not only romantic, but that's true love! Very en"cour"aging for those of us who have yet to find their other half.

Your found poem journal page s soooo beautiful, dear Kim! I absolutely LOVE the color scheme!! That blue is so beautiful and the red just pops out against it. I also like how you've incorporated the "hands" shape into it! I never did get to play along in that last month's GPP challenge.

Happy Valentines Day! Lots of love and a big hug ~ Serena

Joy Logan said...

As impractical as flowers are I still love getting them also! Happy Valentines day! Love the cute collage.

Anonymous said...

Hey girlfriend! Gorgeous! Oh, & the flowers are beautiful, too! Lovely journal spread, girl... belated Happy Valentine's Day!