Monday, September 29, 2008

Coasting...and some art journal pages.

This Monday feels like a coasting day... nothing bad or really bad, nothing good or really good. Just a coasting day... I think I am in a coasting mode in general right now. I may be feeling momentum blowing softly from a distance somewhere behind me but I have yet to get its effects.

I am working hard on just accepting the coasting, maybe even enjoying it, and ignoring the MEANIE inside that keeps saying "But what about momentum ? What about moving forward at the speed of living these days ? " Go away, Meanie ! Today, at least for this Monday, the Queen chooses to coast and enjoy it...

Here are two of my most recent journal pages made while I have been coasting.

"Lost" - the body is from a glossy fashion spread from a Montreal chic boutique ad and the head is from a vintage photo. I love this color scheme - turquoise, dark brown, beige and red.



"Gilded Lily"- I did the page and the little Lily blurb, then looked at the page in the photo and realized it has an old decorated map quality to it. Kind of fits with Lily's search for the real thing, I guess. There sure are days when I wish I had a map to get me there...wherever there is...

Hope you coasted through your Monday !




3 comments:

Sherry said...

Oh I'm a "coaster" today Kim...with you all the way. Love your pages...the colour combinations sing and the words you chose are excellent!

Anonymous said...

Nice pages...I really like that color combo too!

Isn't it a nice feeling to coast? I love it...

theroofcat said...

Lost indeed. Lovely collages. Happy new Year.Sx