Monday, July 14, 2008

Three Beautiful Things

Detail of my first ever collage - made 7 years ago out of a 15X20 canvas
and a pile of magazines.
So I have decided to do a mini post everyday (or so) listing three beautiful things that have touched me each day. A gratitude journal of sorts, inspired by what inspired Hanna at iHanna's Creative Space.
Here are my three beautiful things for today :
- the bowl of nectarines and blueberries with a little milk that I had for breakfast - Summer in a bowl !
- the excitement and joy in my mother's voice this morning when she told of her weekend with her new beau (She's 62 and he's 65, they dated when she was a teenager, and have reconnected after 45 years or so. It's never too late for love !)
- this video that Susan Tuttle had a link to at Ilka's Attic. It is so beautiful ! This is how I dance in my head.
Hope your day is full of beauty


2 comments:

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thanks for sharing your three favorite things... I love the idea of summer in a bowl and was charmed to hear about your mom reconnecting with an old love. Lovely post.

Sherry said...

I love listing gratitudes and yours are wonderful -- I love the video's Susan shows, I love fresh fruit for any meal, any time and love?! Oh how wonderful for your mother!!! ♥